The rules for Internet experiments will be announced at the registration page for the specific experiment.
1) In order to participate in experiments conducted in the lab you need to register online. By registering for experiments, you indicate your intention to take part in experiments conducted by researchers of the Faculty.
2) For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will get an invitation email. Only the invited persons have the right to take part in the experiment.
3) In case you get an email which invites you to participate in a particular experiment, you have to answer positively to this email in order to be able to take part in the experiment. By doing so, you indicate your availability to participate.
4) For each experiment, an excess number of participants will be invited. The first invited persons arriving at the experiment's location will participate. However, It is common practice among experimenters that all persons who were invited and arrived timely receive a "show-up" fee regardless of whether they were admitted for participation or not.
An experimental session can be canceled for a number of reasons. If you registered for a session that was canceled
AND the cancellation notification was emailed to you in less than two hours prior the original starting time
AND because of that you did not know it was cancelled
AND you showed up in the lab
you can still receive your show-up fee.
5) In many experiments participants have an opportunity to earn some amount of money. However, the exact amounts can be very different for different individuals because earnings depend on their individual decisions, and, sometimes, decisions of other participants and an element of chance.
6) All invited persons consenting to participate in an experiment will be asked to sign an Informed Consent form before the beginning of an experiment. However, even after signing the form each participant is free to leave at any moment without having to provide any explanations.
7) During an experiment, each participant must act upon the rules stated by the experimentalists in the instructions. Persons failing to follow the rule will be asked to leave the lab and will not receive any compensation except for the "show-up" fee.
8) No payments will be made until the experimental session is over.
9) To ensure that only those people who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, participants are asked to provide proof of their identity. People failing to provide such will not receive the show up payment and will not participate.
Therefore, by registering for laboratory experiments, you agree with the following statements:
I have been informed that if I do not turn up or turn up late for an experiment I have been enrolled for, this may lead to the experiment having to be cancelled with "show-up" payments made to the participants who arrived timely. I am aware that I can be made liable for these costs unless I notify people administering the experiment at least 6 hours before the experiment.
I understand any kind of disruptive behavior during an experimental session as well as not showing up for an experiment and failing to properly notify about my inability to participate will be considered a disrespect to the researchers conducting the study and to other participants and I may not be allowed to participate in the future experiments conducted in the laboratory.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.